Croctique leather goods are made from genuine Estuarine or Saltwater Crocodile skin. The crocodiles are farmed at Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures in Far North Queensland. The farm is approved by state and federal government to produce skins and meat from captive-raised crocodiles.
On completion of the purchase, Croctique will provide the following documentation to show the skin is genuine Estuarine or Saltwater Crocodile raised at an approved farm:
- A receipt of your purchase;
- A Certificate of Authenticity, dated and signed;
- On larger goods like handbags, a stitched in label displays the manufacturer’s Japan Reptile Industries Association membership number;
- Care Instructions for your crocodile leather good, plus a cloth storage bag for handbags;
- A Personal Baggage Permit for that individual item, with your name and residential address stated on the back of the Permit (issued only to people purchasing crocodile items in Australia).
Where a leather good is purchased from overseas, the purchaser will require a CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) Export Permit issued by the Australian Department of the Environment and Energy at an additional cost of AUD $66.00.
Please keep all documentation as proof of purchase and as evidence to support that the fact that your leather product was raised and manufactured under an internationally recognised conservation plan.